Thursday, April 20, 2017

MAYBE IT'S NOT FOR ME?

Sunday night, the woman in this picture (Desiree) received the baptism in the Holy Spirit.  She had for a LONG TIME asked God for it and to speak in tongues, but had never been able to receive.  She'd even began to question if God wanted her to have it.  


I've known a lot of people who've asked God for something He's promised, but over time grew weary because they couldn't seem to get the breakthrough.  In fact, we've all probably been there at some point in our lives.  Many give up and adopt theologies to excuse it as God's will.  

But Desiree yielded once more and received!  You can see her encountering the glory of God and crying tears of joy in picture below.

The funny thing is, this time she merely came forward to receive prayer for a sore throat.  Haha.  Thankfully, Rose Straeter heard Holy Spirit say, "She wants tongues."  So, Richard and Rose laid hands on her and leaned into Jesus.  I'll let Desiree tell the rest in her own words.  I hope and pray it will encourage someone reading to never quit seeking God for what He's promised:

"I've had a horrible cough for 3 weeks now, and I asked for healing since the meds make me feel worse. Rose was praying and asked if I have ever been baptized in the Spirit and if there is a gift that I've asked for. Right away I said the gift of tongues.

But I had some doubt, not about what God could do, but what I would allow Him to do. Rose and her husband just kept pressing in, asking me to clear my mind and focus on the Lord - to not worry what was around me or what my flesh wanted.

At first, I know I resisted, but as I kept seeking Him in faith it was like a chain that broke. The dam gave way. I kept thinking, "Finally! I've wanted this gift so long!!"

I knew I had been letting my flesh be in control, holding me back.  I've always compared myself to others thinking, "I would never be worthy or holy enough."  But last night as Rose just kept pressing in, slowly my flesh started to break down.  It was amazing, truly amazing! I don't think I've quit smiling since!"

[P.S. Tongues is merely one, small part to the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.  Ultimately, it's about receiving dunimus (from where we derive the English word "dynamite") miraculous power.  See Acts 1:8.  The Holy Spirit is IN all believers, but to be baptized in Him is to be poured out UPON for purpose of greater intimacy and ministry power].

Testimony by Josh Adkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy Rain

God wants to duplicate this testimony. I got a message from a young lady a week ago and she got a violation of probation and was facing some...